[asterisk-dev] Report a regression?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sun Jan 21 08:34:54 CST 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018, at 10:29 AM, Alexander Traud wrote:
> > FreeBSD is not a platform that we really support.
>
> That means, this issue is not a regression, right?
> That leads me to another question:
> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2018-January/076765.html>.
>
> >> How does an external contributor report a regression in general:
> >> A) do I re-triage the issue report and flag it as regression? Or
> >> B) do I create a new report and link the causing issue? Or
> >> C) in another way?
> > found in an [release candidate] rc or should block an upcoming rc.
>
> OK, bad example then. Anyway to conclude this and for the possible
> future: How does one report a regression?

It should be reported as a new issue with information. It'll get triaged through the normal process. If you think it's a regression you can say so on the issue, otherwise it's up to the person doing the triage whether they think it's a regression or not based on the information provided. If it's iffy then it can be discussed on the mailing list.

--
Joshua Colp