[asterisk-dev] Help understand TCP/TLS server error

Chris Jones chris at rezenent.com
Fri Jan 19 15:03:08 CST 2018

Hello all,
Can I get a little help to understand why I am receiving this error? From a developer perspective, what Asterisk conditions would cause this error to trigger?

At exactly 120 seconds after an ongoing call is setup, this pops up in the console with heavy debugging enabled:

DEBUG[30015]: iostream.c:157 iostream_read: TLS clean shutdown alert reading data
DEBUG[30015]: chan_sip.c:2905 sip_tcptls_read: SIP TCP/TLS server has shut down

It doesn’t appear to have a negative effect on the ongoing call; however, it appears to be keeping Asterisk from sending a BYE message to the SIP provider at the conclusion of the call.

I have lots and lots of more details if you ask; however, I just need a nudge in the right direction. v15.1.3, though I have used a version in 13 and 14 train and had the same problem.

Cheers,
Chris