[asterisk-dev] ARI, Stasis, and Dialplan

Seán C. McCord ulexus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:39:49 CST 2018

As Josh says, all calls would go to the app; the (completely
non-user-facing and non-user-editable) context would be roughly
equivalent to having fallthrough enabled and extension 's' going to
the Stasis App.  You should not be able to assign an existing real
context to an ARI app.  That would lead to confusion, which is one of
the reasons why I like the idea of having deterministic context names.

As to the channel-in-bridge on ARI app transfer, I would fully expect
that channel to stay in whatever bridge it may be.  Bridges are
logical link points between ARI apps anyway, and they can be
manipulated by multiple ARI apps at any given time anyway (this
assertion is from memory... it is possible I am mistaken here).  Now,
as to whether the ARI app should automatically gain a subscription to
member bridges, that's a good question.  I would lean toward not doing
so, but I do not have a strong argument beyond simplicity.