[asterisk-dev] Idea: make app_agent_pool dynamic

Igor Goncharovsky igor.goncharovsky at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 11:33:53 CST 2018

Hello All!

We are using currently app_agent_pool to make agents login into queues and
get queue calls connected to agents without delay. It is how this module
designed.

But this module is used together with external software, that used to
define agents, its id. This is the reason we do not know initially number
of agents and its id's. As workaround we generate currently agents
configurations for every potential possible user id, that cause asterisk
configured for 10.000 agents.

It works, but I want to get it implemented in smarter way and I see two
ways:
1) Implement realtime configuration for app_agent_pool via
2) Dynamically create agent on AgentLogin() called (like ConfBridge do it
for bridges)

What do you think about best way for implementing this feature? Both ways
should work for us, but I want to get this feature accepted to trunk.

--
Regards, Igor Goncharovsky
Unistim Dev: http://unistim.igorg.ru