[asterisk-dev] chap_sip guest over tcp + insecure=port

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Thu Aug 16 05:44:43 CDT 2018

Cannot contribute much because I do not use host!=dynamic. Just two comments on that:

>> <http://gerrit.asterisk.org/7430>

> seems to be part of a potentially larger patch set

No, it was just that isolated change.

> the old behaviour was correct in that any TCP based protocol can't control the source port

> insecure=port [...] should be implied for non-udp based protocols

Not sure I got those two sentences and I am not sure, if it helps to take them out of their context. Therefore, please, correct me. For both, UDP and TCP based transports, the source *could* control its source port. However, using non-ephemeral ports for that and using ephemeral ports for this (on default and/or not changeable), seems to be more common than I thought. Anyway, these are orthogonal concepts (transport and port).