[asterisk-dev] Corrupted recordings

Daniel Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Thu Apr 19 14:01:45 CDT 2018

My experience with recording and call transferring is that the recording ends as soon as the call is transferred.
This is because the recording is started on party B's channel so when party A is transferred to party C, party B's channel ends along with the recording.
I had to create an agent running on the servers using AMI to start the recording on party A's channel to prevent this from happening.

This is with mixmonitor though. I don't know whether it applies to res_monitor. And in my case, the records weren't corrupt. They were just missing half the call.