[asterisk-dev] The "Busy" App.... isn't.

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Apr 5 09:30:12 CDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com> wrote:

> The argument is used when the channel is already answered.  The channel
> will then send
> the busy tone inband for the specified number of seconds and hangup.  The
> behavior also
> depends upon the channel driver.
>
> exten = _X.,1,NoOp()
> same = n,Answer()
> same = n,Busy(15)
> same = n,Hangup()

My understand is, at least for some channel drivers/technologies, that it
should also work when the channel is *not* answered, because answering the
call can mess up your CDR records.  My guess is that's what Steve is trying
to accomplish here... signal that the "line" is busy and can't be answered,
without actually answering the call.

-Jared