[asterisk-dev] autoconf version requirement increase

Corey Farrell git at cfware.com
Tue Oct 31 15:52:29 CDT 2017

Hello all,

autoconf is required to run ./bootstrap.sh after changing configure.ac
or *.m4 in any folder of the Asterisk source tree (including menuselect
and third-party folders).  Currently we require 2.60, I'm working on a
patch that will require 2.64.  Note autoconf is not required to run
'./configure', it is only needed to run ./bootstrap.sh.

Does anyone work on these files from a distribution which cannot install
autoconf-2.69?  Although the changes I'm working on only require
autoconf 2.64 I see no reason to hold back at this point. Version 2.69
is from 2012 and is the latest version.  As far as I know CentOS 6 is
the only major currently supported distribution which has autoconf <
2.64, all others provide 2.69.  Requiring 2.69 would be one less thing
to worry about when working on configure scripts, especially since I
don't have access to test any lower version.

-Corey