[asterisk-dev] New application for MQTT send

Gabriel Ortiz Lour ortiz.admin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 14:51:22 CDT 2017

Hi devs!

  I want to code a new asterisk App to send messages over MQTT. looking the
docs the MQTT lib needs frequent calling to a "loop" function, since the
"send" method is asyncronous.

  I don't want to use it externally with "System" or "AGI" since it will be
called in the ahngup handler and I would like to use the fast "publish"
call (hangup handlers should be quick, right? :)

  Where would I put this frequent calling on asterisk code? should I build
a thread for this? or put inside some asterisk "main loop"?

Thanks,
Gabriel