[asterisk-dev] Add missing XML tags in pjsip NOTIFY for RFC4235

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:21:04 CDT 2017

Hi,

Certainly as you, we have more and more phone brands who are capable to
read the XML from a NOTIFY when a phone rings to extract callerid and show
that on the screen.

The issue is that it doesn't work on chan_sip, not planned to be fixed:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-24488

Moreover, the situation is worse with pjsip, because we have less
information:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26454

For now, we have a backup plan with something similar of this:
https://github.com/kettenbach-it/asterisk-snom-pickup-info-xml-agi
But with a better scalability and based on AMI command MessageSend, to be
NAT compliant:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+ManagerAction_MessageSend

However, we have now an internal incentive to have an integrated solution
directly in Asterisk.

We have an internal C developer who can work on it full-time, but before to
follow the rabbit in the hole, I'm pretty sure that if it was simply to
enrich this function:
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/blob/master/res/res_pjsip_dialog_info_body_generator.c#L101
The patch was already made and merged a long time ago.

Is it a way exists to implement that or it needs to re-implement a part of
Asterisk ?
If somebody already has an idea about the path to follow to fix that, I'm
interested in, to save our time of exploring.

Thanks for your response.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
Lead Developer Architect at ALLOcloud