[asterisk-dev] Adding a new module to Asterisk

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Wed Oct 11 02:38:04 CDT 2017

> The new [module] relies on a library that I need to introduce to the
> linker, however, I've tried to figure out how the autotools work in
> there

Took me a while to understand as well. Have a look at audio-codec modules like the one for Codec 2: <http://github.com/traud/asterisk-codec2>.

The required patches for the autotools are in "build_codec2.patch". Then, in your actual module, you add a MODULEINFO at the start, like shown in "codecs/codec_codec2.c". At the end, you have to call "./bootstrap.sh" once before you start "./configure". Then, make should be happy.

If that did not help either, please, explain in more detail, for example the error message you are facing or which library you try to link. Are you able to compile against its header files already? Furthermore, in which directory of the Asterisk project are your added source files?