[asterisk-dev] One sip stack to rule them all...

Eric Klein eric.klein at greenfieldtech.net
Mon Oct 9 08:45:21 CDT 2017

> Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 19:47:32 -0400
> From: James Finstrom <jfinstrom at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] One sip stack to rule them all....
>
> A large percentage of "PJSIP" Sucks comes down to comfort.  I talked to
> several users at astricon and the summary is:
>
> Every provider that actually provides documentation only gives a chan_sip
> block
> We don't understand how to configure it.
> My customers need ccss.

James,
You bring up an issue that was discussed at Devcon. We, as a community,
need to step up and provide this kind of documentation, best practices, and
examples so people can use Asterisk (and in this case PJSIP) properly and
with confidence.

If we want people to use it, we need to show them how to do it in a
supported and stable way.

Eric Klein
VP Operations
Greenfield