[asterisk-dev] Park patch to silence slot number

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Tue Oct 3 17:44:32 CDT 2017

Hi Byrant,

Thank you for the reply (and voicemail). Are you referring to the patch by
Igor Goncharovsky? We had issues because it requires a different context
for each overlapping parking slot, and our multi-tenant environment doesn't
use a different context per tenant. What he said is below. However, we've
just noticed that Asterisk 13 has an 's' option on the Park command to
silence the slot number, so sorry for the trouble!

"It is the how parking works in core of asterisk. When call parked,
asterisk automatically put extensions for call park and for taking a call
from park. I.e. when you want to park two calls at same extension and same
context asterisk unable to do it, because unable to insert second time same
extension in dialplan. I see no problem in using different extensions range
for all parking lots in same context of using different contexts for all
users"

On 3 October 2017 at 16:23, Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com> wrote:

> You don't need a patch this is possible with the current tools if you keep
> track of parks pickups and ring backs. We use the current system to do
> dynamic parks all of the time in multi tenant environment . We create
> dynamic lots per tenant and address them per sub account. This allows for
> each tenent to have parking slots with any number even when others use the
> same.  I paid part of the bounty to get the original dynamic parking system
> working.
>

> Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Australia: +61 (0) 2 8063 9019