[asterisk-dev] Help with AOC (Advice Of Charge) - price info on outbound calls

Marin Odrljin marin at maxcom.hr
Mon Nov 20 08:51:55 CST 2017

Hi everybody,

I have already asked this question on 'asterisk-app-dev' list and on
community site
https://community.asterisk.org/t/get-aoc-information-via-ari/72532 but
unfortunatelly there was no any reply in last few weeks, so my last chance
is to hope that anyone from this list could know anything about AOC. Sorry
if someone of you have already seen it there and I'm too boring with it.

On some of our ISDN trunks at the end of the outbound calls, we are getting
pricing info from the carrier. I would like to read it with ARI. From the
AOC documentation
(https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Advice+of+Charge) it seems like
it is possible to get it only via AMI only or am I wrong? Does anyone has an
idea if it could be read somehow else except AMI, e.g. channel variables
which can be passed to or read via ARI? If I already use ARI, I wouldn't
like to connect to AMI as well just because of getting AOC.

If that's not possible, what would be the best way to implement it?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Marin