[asterisk-dev] bridge_builtin_features.c playback to both channels in bridge

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 07:03:04 CST 2017

Hi,

Perhaps the answer to this will be pointing me at some documentation - That
is fine, but I've failed to find it so far, so forgive me if the following
is a dumb question.

With Asterisk-11 I added a built-in feature which allowed a very customised
version of stopping call recording on a bridge, playing back different
messages to each channel, and so forth based on some channel variables, and
depending whether the feature was enabled per channel.

I want to port this to Asterisk-15, but am struggling to understand the new
bridge playback methods. I variously see
ast_bridge_channel_queue_playfile(), ast_bridge_channel_write_playfile(),
or even one followed by the other.

What I'd like to do is queue playback message(s) to both halves of a bridge
simultaneously so that the bridge will resume once all messages on both
channels are complete.

An a first read-through, I was fairly convinced that I would be able to
just call ast_bridge_channel_queue_playfile() as many times as needed on
both the bridge, and peer channels, and magic would happen, until I saw the
code in bridges/bridge_builtin_features.c: start_automixmonitor(), after
which I became most confused :)

Help please?

Many thanks,
Steve