[asterisk-dev] Adding a call preemption feature

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Mon Nov 13 15:47:18 CST 2017

Le 13/11/2017 à 17:58, Steve Edwards a écrit :
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2017, James Finstrom wrote:
>
>> Generally the idea of arbitrarily killing calls seems awful, even if
>> the behavior is expected. Yeah so john we need to .<CLICK> RING....
>> John is confused, your brain has to reset because whatever was
>> happening no longer matters.
>
> At least play a message like "The boss needs to call his
> mom/bookie/hooker. Thank you for understanding, your call just wasn't
> important enough. Better luck next time -- and have a great day."

Thank you for your remarks. The fact is, it is not a question of user
experience. We are working on critical communication networks, in which
network resources are limited. Hanging up a low priority call to leave
room to another is not an option, it is an absolute necessity, and it
must be done in near real-time. We cannot afford to play any announcement.

By the way, I think call preemption is a native feature of ISDN networks
(at least it's my understanding of the MLPP stuff, but I'm not a ISDN
expert). But it is probably not used very often.