[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 15 Feature Freeze Reminder

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed May 31 08:03:51 CDT 2017

Hello everyone!

Just a quick reminder that in slightly under two months, the Asterisk
15 branch will be cut and will go into a "feature freeze".  I use the
term "feature freeze" lightly, due to the fact that our stable branch
inclusion policy is a lot more liberal than it used to be.

The Asterisk 15 branch will be cut on July 19th, 2017.  After that
date, any new feature contributions into the Asterisk 15 branch will
require accompanying tests.  Having the branch become feature frozen
gives the Asterisk Developer Community time to test out the new
features and improvements that have been made to master since the last
major release, Asterisk 14.

For more information, see links [1] and [2] below for more information
about Asterisk versions and the branch inclusion policy for new
features.

Good luck, and best wishes to you all.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Software+Configuration+Management+Policies#SoftwareConfigurationManagementPolicies-NewFeatures