[asterisk-dev] Load on SIP MESSAGE how many per sec asterisk can Handle

Gunnar Hellström gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Wed May 24 02:18:39 CDT 2017

Den 2017-05-23 kl. 23:58, skrev bala murugan:
> Hi ,
>
>  Is anyone aware of how many SIP MESSAGE per sec asterisk can handle ,
> is there a benchmark
> has this been load tested and results available some where , if there
> is can you some one share it please .
>
> The reason is we ran 16 per sec and we see the ast_msg_queue is
> backing up with lot of messages
<GH>This may depend on your test setup. Are you sending between a fixed
pair of URI:s, or multiple?
Have you considered this rule from RFC 3428? "

    A UAC MUST NOT initiate a new out-of-dialog MESSAGE transaction to a
    given URI if there is a previous out-of-dialog transaction pending
    for the same URI."

So, if you are sending between one pair of URI:s, the sender needs to wait for a final response before sending next MESSAGE. With usual network delays that can mean a maximum of about 5 MESSAGE per second or so.

With multiple URIs on both sides, the figure should be higher.

Regards
Gunnar