[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 13 Queues - eventwhencalled=vars

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Mar 7 09:09:10 CST 2017

On 03/06/2017 02:44 PM, Gabriel Ortiz Lour wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Just saw that there is no more the "vars" option, well, there is no
> more the "eventwhencalled" option.
>
>   How can I get the "vars" feature now? I need the channel variables
> along whith the Agent** events. Any way without having to poke on the
> source?
> Att.
> Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

First, this question is more suited for the asterisk-users list than the
asterisk-developers list since this does not pertain directly to the
Asterisk source code. I'll answer here anyway this time, though.

 From the CHANGES file in Asterisk 12+:

  * The configuration options eventwhencalled and eventmemberstatus have
been
    removed.  As a result, the AMI events QueueMemberStatus, AgentCalled,
    AgentConnect, AgentComplete, AgentDump, and AgentRingNoAnswer will
always be
    sent.  The "Variable" fields will also no longer exist on the Agent*
events.
    These events can be filtered out from a connected AMI client using the
    eventfilter setting in manager.conf.

In other words, the events will always be sent. You don't need to set
the eventwhencalled option. Since channel snapshots are sent in these
events, channel variables can already be included. In your manager.conf
file, in the general section, set

channelvars = foo,bar,baz

Every time a channel is sent in a manager event, the channel variables
foo, bar, and baz will be sent.

I hope this helps,
Mark Michelson