[asterisk-dev] Regression: dash a not a character any more?

Kirill Katsnelson kkm at smartaction.com
Tue Jan 17 14:03:30 CST 2017

A change from 1.8 to 13 broke us in some other aspect, and I am trying
to figure out whether this is a bug or things work as expected. In
short, the '-' character is converted to nothing in extension "numbers"

Here's a snippet that demonstrates the problem:

extension.ael:

context test {
   foobar =>  Hangup();
   foo-bar => Play(foo-bar);
}

*CLI> ael reload
[2017-01-17 11:45:47.688] WARNING[57864]: pbx.c:6987 add_priority:
Unable to register extension 'foo-bar' priority 1 in 'test', already in
use by aliased extension 'foobar'
*CLI> dialplan show test
[ Context 'test' created by 'pbx_ael' ]
   'foobar' =>       1. Hangup()                                   [pbx_ael]

-= 1 extension (1 priority) in 1 context. =-

"dialplan debug" shows the '-' is not in the trie trace at all.

In 1.8, ael reloads completes without a warning, and

*CLI> dialplan show test
[ Context 'test' created by 'pbx_ael' ]
   'foo-bar' =>      1. Play(foo-bar)                              [pbx_ael]
   'foobar' =>       1. Hangup()                                   [pbx_ael]

-= 2 extensions (2 priorities) in 1 context. =-

Was the change intentional? Will you accept a patch that reintroduces
the old behavior (with an option perhaps?). The '-' is so deeply
embedded into all our Asterisk infrastructure (autogenerated files, AMI
controllers etc.) that it is not realistic at this point to attempt to
change the separator character.

  -kkm