[asterisk-dev] Team branches in the asterisk repository

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Feb 26 01:57:08 CST 2017

> On 25 Feb 2017, at 19:35, George Joseph <gjoseph at digium.com> wrote:
>
> No hurry but since the git migration and the availability of GitHub, do we really need to keep the team branches at all?

An important aspect for me with all my subversion branches was that all the code was contributed under
the license agreement for Digium to use. I also got a lot of help maintaining them with the automatic
tools that was implemented in subversion, where, as an example, I got email when things broke and did not
merge automatically. This made it possible to maintain a large amount of branches.

With those tools gone I don’t benefit as much from using the central repository and no one else
seems to bother about the licensing part either, which I felt was important.

I haven’t found a new home for all my patches, so please keep them somewhere. Most of them
are in daily use with many large service providers over the world. I get feedback on their use
all the time. To me it feels like they’re an important part of code for the community, regardless
if they are integrated into the core distribution or not.

Thank you.

/O