[asterisk-dev] AMQP status? Adding support for AMI

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Feb 15 09:12:54 CST 2017

Hey Marek,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 8:00 AM, marek cervenka <cervajs2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> we wrote producers for cel sqlite and queue_log sqlite (node.js) to kafka

If you're talking about taking the CDR/CEL data written by
cdr_sqlite3/cel_seqlite3 from the sqlite database and backhauling it
to kafka with a node.js app, that's probably more of a non-core
Asterisk module/adapter.  If someone wanted to write directly a
cdr_kafka/cel_kafka, that would be appropriate for contribution into
the Asterisk codebase, IMHO.

Hopefully the contribution process isn't *too* difficult.  Some areas
of code are more challenging to contribute to - particularly areas
where there are not really a whole lot of existing test
infrastructure, like app_queue.  It's also easier to contribute
patches to master since it doesn't have the same requirements for
simultaneous test submission as in 13/14.

It is a personal desire for me to see the Asterisk developer community
grow.  If you ever have questions or need help with a contribution,
please let us know and we'll do our best to assist.  If you're looking
for something more realtime, many developers are in #asterisk-dev on
irc.freenode.net as well.

Best wishes,
Matthew Fredrickson

> but the open source process is hard and i'm not sure if community wants
> something like this
>

> Dne 15/02/2017 v 14:52 Sylvain Boily napsal(a):
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> Le 2017-02-15 à 08:45, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>>>

>>> I saw the contribution of AMQP support[1] for CDR/CEL in 2015, it looks
>>> like it is still open waiting for unit tests to be contributed.
>>>
>>> Has anybody looked at taking this further and using AMQP for messages to
>>> and from the Asterisk Manager Interface / AMI?  For example, Asterisk
>>> could send events directly to queues or topics instead of sending them
>>> over the AMI socket.
>>>
>>> Are there any alternatives or third-party modules aiming to do something
>>> like that?
>>

>> We wrote this : https://github.com/wazo-pbx/xivo-amid, maybe it could help
>> you or inspire you.
>>
>> Sylvain