[asterisk-dev] ast_rtp_engine api

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Feb 6 12:26:46 CST 2017

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017, at 02:19 PM, Michael Blake wrote:
> Hello Asterisk-dev,
>
> I have made some changes and been tracing through things in ddd but still
> can't get the UnicastRTP to process the packets that it receives.
>
> I then add some debugging for the channel when it gets called.
>
> Looking at the other channels, I added the rtp glue, mutexes to protect
> the channels, expanded the channel_tech, passed the channel off to

In unicast_rtp_request have you put the file descriptor from the video
RTP instance onto the channel using ast_channel_set_fd? If not then
there is nothing polling on the socket, and nothing will be read.

An example would be:
ast_channel_set_fd(chan, 2, ast_rtp_instance_fd(instance, 0));

This places the file descriptor from instance onto the channel at
position 2, which is where the video RTP file descriptor is placed for
each channel drivers.

--
Joshua Colp