[asterisk-dev] Adding a Key/Value Store mechanism to Asterisk

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 06:22:43 CST 2017

Hi All,

  Following a discussion on JIRA [
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27383], I truly believe
that
adding a scaleable, robust and most importantly - accepted key/value store
mechanism to the Asterisk dialplan
is a worthwhile effort.

  Every, and I do mean every, Asterisk application requires a key/value
store of some form. Most developers will
basically butcher (would have used stronger words, but refraining from
doing so) AstDB in the process, which will
then result in a performance toll - specifically when dealing with a high
capacity systems.

  Initially, I was under the impression this should be done as a sorcery
module, but I'm not sure this is the
correct approach or the required use case.

  I would like to hear if others believe this is a worth while effort? if
others believe it is, I'll be ecstatic to
work with others on this one (adding Redis support isn't as simple as it
sounds). However, before I start
working on something, I'd like to see if others believe this as strongly as
I do.

  On the same note, I'll be in NYC second week of January - so if any of
you are around that area and would
like to combine forces to spear this - would love to do so.

--

Kind Regards,

  Nir Simionovich

  GreenfieldTech

  (schedule) http://nirsimionovich.appointy.com/

  (w) http://www.greenfieldtech.net

  (p) +972-73-2557799        (MSN): nirs at greenfieldtech.net

  (m) +972-54-6982826      (GTALK): nir.simionovich at gmail.com

  (f) +972-73-2557202      (SKYPE): greenfieldtech.nir

               Zero Your Inbox <https://mailstrom.co/referral/ARZJE> | Cloud
Servers <https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=97eeea09917a>

*Disclaimer:*

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential or legally privileged information. Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If an addressing or transmission
error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail and destroy this e-mail and any attachments.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.