[asterisk-dev] reproducible builds of asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Dec 20 03:53:40 CST 2017

Hi,

There is a patch in the Debian package to build Asterisk in a
reproducible way[1] if so needed. Patch is really simple, but as I did
not write it, I can't push it. I described what it does.

If anybody wants to help Asterisk in that front:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27499

Are there any other sources of non-determinism in the Asterisk build
process?

I'd like to stress again that it's fine that the Asterisk standard build
process is not reprodicible (e.g.: includes a build timestamp), and the
patch does not break that. But there are useful use cases for a reprodicible
build of Asterisk.

[1] https://reproducible-builds.org/

--
               Tzafrir Cohen