[asterisk-dev] pjsip with akav1-md5 algorithm for asterik

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Tue Dec 12 08:30:45 CST 2017

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 1:43 PM, George Joseph <gjoseph at digium.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 1:07 PM, George Joseph <gjoseph at digium.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:58 PM, George Joseph <gjoseph at digium.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hi Franck,
>>>
>>> Enabling it in pjproject is easy by setting
>>> #define PJSIP_HAS_DIGEST_AKA_AUTH 1
>>> in third-party/pjproject/patches/config_site.h.
>>>

>> Oh dear,  I lied.  Just enabling PJSIP_HAS_DIGEST_AKA_AUTH causes
>> compile errors because it requires the third-party library "milenage" which
>> is bundled with pjproject but which we don't compile.  Let me test a bit to
>> see if I can get it to compile.
>>

> Well, milenage isn't actually built by pjproject itself any more.  I had
> to modify their build.mak.in to build it before I could get a successful
> build of pjproject.  I'll ask them about it but you could also join the
> pjsip users mailing list at http://lists.pjsip.org/
> mailman/listinfo/pjsip_lists.pjsip.org and ask there how to build AKA and
> milenage even without asterisk.

I got word back from the pjproject team.  It was disabled by default
because it was rarely used.  If you open an issue at
https://issues.asterisk.org with the title "Enable AKA authentication in
bundled pjproject" we can turn it on again.

The asterisk authenticator modules would still need to be written though.
Were you going to do this yourself?