[asterisk-dev] Opus Codec not in the translation array?

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Tue Aug 8 17:21:30 CDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Steve Murphy <murf at parsetree.com> wrote:

> When I load the opus codec (from digium),
> I don't see it in the "core show translation" output.
> Anybody know why?

I've downloaded "codec_opus" (from Digium) for Asterisk 13. After starting
Asterisk I issued the following command from the CLI:

core show translation

I was able to see opus information in the table output.

What version of Asterisk are you having the problem in? Also how did you
obtain the codec? Did you select it through menuselect or did you download
it manually and then copy the *.so files into the Asterisk lib directory?

--

Kevin Harwell
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer