[asterisk-dev] readformat AMD transconding

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Apr 14 09:36:14 CDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Tiago Galvão Gomes de Souza <
tiagoggsouza at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to know if is possible to change readformat from AMD , the
> default is SLINEAR but I'm with hight process problem in a lot of
> simultaneously
>  calls  on the server , I would like to use g729 to avoid transcoding
> between slin and g729 when the AMD is processing, someone can help me?

Hey Tiago,

To do any sort of voice or signal processing, that almost always is done in
signed linear or slin.  app_amd unfortunately does quite a bit of signal
processing, and so my guess its that you're out of luck.

Best wishes to you, and sorry about not having a better response.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager