[asterisk-dev] CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12 Testing Support

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Tue Apr 11 13:28:53 CDT 2017

Both CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12 have fallen into the state where we can't
actually create a new instance of either that can run the Asterisk
Testsuite.  In order to get it to work I've had to fiddle Python packages
both from the distributions' repositories and directly from pip which makes
the Python environment fragile FrankenSnake.  Also, ODBC packages from that
era are unreliable so I've had to download and install both UnixODBC and
the postgresql ODBC drivers from source to get a working realtime setup.
Finally, the Ubuntu 12 ISO images contain an /etc/apt/sources.list that no
longer works right out of the box.

So what do you folks think the future of testing on CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12
should be?

BTW, the future Jenkins CI environment will have at a minimum...
CentOS 7 32-bit & 64-bit
Fedora 25 64-bit
Ubuntu 16 32-bit & 64-bit

We may be able to keep CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12 for unit testing only (the
Gerrit checks) but is it worth maintaining VMs for them?

--
George Joseph
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer