[asterisk-dev] OPUS horrible quality with packet loss

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Mon Apr 3 18:21:55 CDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Yury Tsaregorodtsev <aero.1080 at icloud.com>
wrote:

> Even forced enabled jitter doesn't make asterisk to ignore late arrived
> packets.
> During my tests jb was always enabled (forced).

Hrm I'd think the jitter buffer should ignore or drop the late packets.
That is packets arriving with timestamps marked as before packets that have
already left the jitter buffer and have been processed by the audio
core/translated.

Just to double check what channel (inbound or outbound) are you attaching
the jitter buffer too and is it the one that would receive the late
packets? For instance if it is needed on the outbound channel then you'd
need to use a pre-dial handler:

exten => outbound_jitterbuf,1,NoOp()
  same => n,Set(JITTERBUFFER(adaptive)=default)
  same => n,Return()

exten => _1XX,1,Noop()
  same => n,Dial(${TECH}/${EXTEN},20,b(default^outbound_jitterbuf^1))
  same => n,Hangup()

Thanks,

Kevin