[asterisk-dev] OPUS horrible quality with packet loss

Yury Tsaregorodtsev aero.1080 at icloud.com
Mon Apr 3 05:19:39 CDT 2017

Hi Alexander,
I did try your opus version including native PLC patch (on asterisk 13.14.0, everything compiled without issues but anyway maybe version is too high ?)
I wouldn't see much improvements on quality..... From my personal point of view it's sounds little bit better, from point of view PESQ - predicted MOS its same as without native patch, around 1.025.
If you have time I can setup for you 2x ESXI instances with prepared environment of 2x asterisk with simple configuration and ITU-T PESQ utility, so you can hear everything yourself.

P.S. stupid question, but anyway, will it be a solution to use RTP on TCP if we have high loses/delay spikes ?