[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 14.0.1 Now Available

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Thu Sep 29 12:10:55 CDT 2016

On Sep 29, 2016 4:20 AM, "marek cervenka" <cervajs2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> any details? press release?

It was announced at AstriCon yesterday. Not many details really to
announce.

> problem with lawyers solved?

Kinda. ;-) See next answer.

> why binary?

The lawyers made us. ;-)
In order to lessen the risk of future legal action, the codec reports
anonymous stats to Digium once per day that contain the maximum number of
simultaneous opus channels in the past 24 hours.  Again, totally anonymous.
We don't even record ip addresss, just a uuid and count. To protect that
mechanism we had to do a binary distribution.

> Dne 29/09/2016 v 06:58 Joshua Colp napsal(a):
>
>> sean darcy wrote:
>>>>

>>> Does this mean that opus is included natively ? No longer necessary to
>>> patch the source ?
>>

>> It's available as a binary module which can be selected in menuselect
for automatic download during the install step for Asterisk.