[asterisk-dev] Measuring Asterisk performance

Jonathan Rose jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com
Wed Sep 28 10:23:37 CDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Nitesh Bansal <nitesh.bansal at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to understand if I could use a system metric like load average,
> cpu usage... to
> decide if Asterisk is overloaded and if it is overloaded, I would like to
> stop routing the traffic
> to that box.
>
> Is there any recommended system metric which you guys use to measure the
> Asterisk load,
> or may be is there any metric within Asterisk which could indicate that
> system is slowing down?
>
> Thanks,
> Nitesh
>
> --

Hey Nitesh, Matt Jordan wrote an interesting post on statsd for the
Asterisk blog a while back. If you've got some kind of multiple cluster
enviornment you could use statsd to compile CPU usage, disk I/O usage,
current number of channels/bridges, and all kinds of other useful
statistics that could help you balance the load.

http://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/02/03/integrating-asterisk-with-statsd/

--

*Jonathan R. Rose*Senior Systems Engineer

Emergency CallWorks
Motorola Solutions

email: jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com