[asterisk-dev] avoid public IP address in conf

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sat Oct 22 10:39:27 CDT 2016

Francesco Pasqualini wrote:
> I don't understand....
>
> Asterisk can know its external IP and when it changes (query the value
> at interval). When it changes, asterisk could restart itself, for example.
>
> or not ?

Yes, it could use STUN to know its external IP address. It wouldn't need
to restart - it could update it. You would still need to set the local
network information like I said though. If you are talking to a device
on the local network you DO NOT want to put the public address in as it
may not work.

--
Joshua Colp