[asterisk-dev] app_queue retry limit

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Oct 20 14:14:07 CDT 2016

On 10/20/2016 09:51 AM, marek cervenka wrote:
> hi,
>
> we have questions from busy call centers if the retry time parameter
> can be 0 (wait time before next agent call)
>
> in app_queue its prohibited
>
>       } else if (!strcasecmp(param, "retry")) {
>                 q->retry = atoi(val);
>                 if (q->retry <= 0) {
>                         q->retry = DEFAULT_RETRY;
>                 }
>
> do you remember someone from the past if there were reasons for
> minimal 1 second wait time?
>
> thanks
>
> Marek

I checked the history a bit.

commit e068c5fcf98c7a7f625718ff8b7a2f8cb52cc794: "Allow 0 retry time"

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-3550 .

The reporter seemed to want just what you wanted.

commit b6ccca75667b99ddfb8ed77b70b5dec27847bff3 was "Setting a retry of
0 is generally not a good idea and shouldn't be allowed."

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-7379 .

If you read that report, it sounds like a zero retry was making queues
behave bizarrely. It was decided then to go back to not allowing a zero
retry. The issue does not give a lot of detail about why the bad
behavior was happening, but BJ Weschke pointed out that we were passing
a zero timeout to ast_waitfor_digits(), which was odd.