[asterisk-dev] Viva Chan_Sip, may it rest in peace

marek cervenka cervajs2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 04:01:54 CDT 2016

> Michael,
>
> What would be amazing is for you to tell us which features you are
> missing (or were missing when you tried)
>
> If we start a working group around PJSIP migration then these points
> will help drive that forward.
>
> Dan

feedback on marketing features over chan_sip (and not only marketing!)
* 95% parity with chan_sip  with examples  (its possible drop some
functions for technical reasons)
* good webrtc compatibility with jssip ,simpl5 with actual examples
* pieces needed for support good voice over bad networks (opus, plc,
remb,...) (i know the part of the thing is in media stack)
* REST API for managing endpoints (hide the backend for newcomers from
web world)
* support for sipcapture.org/statsd (its already done!)
* and in general ... better architecture, stability, scalability, ... ;)