[asterisk-dev] AGI:async

Daniel McFarlane daniel at szeto.ca
Wed Nov 23 08:56:16 CST 2016

Hi Salvatore,

Be careful with SIP softphones.  I've seen them do weird stuff with AMI
commands (i.e.: Commands received are messed up/cut-out in parts),
especially when it comes to DTMFs.  I've found SFLphone (not Ring) to
work the best, but even it had issues.  In the end I opted for Digium
cards (analog and PRI work best) and hardware SIP devices.

Sorry, I don't really have any experience using queues and even less
with ARI (like I said, I went pure AMI from a C-application and I've
never tried controlling/handling a call via a web interface).  I learnt
a few queue dialplan concepts years ago, but don't recall the details.
In all of this you didn't mention how you were trying to answer the
calls.  Have you used the AddQueueMember application (with no members
defined in queues.conf, as specified within the "Return codes" section
of http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Queue) to add someone
with whom to receive/answer calls?  If not, that might be something to
read up on..

To answer your question, I imagine either you need to use Asterisk
queue's or write your own queue.  I mean, there has to be some way of
tracking all the calls and allowing you to select one to deal with at a
time.

Here's a tutorial on queues which I came across.  Maybe you could try
following along with it and see if it helps you progress with queues:

http://www.orderlyq.com/asterisk-queues-tutorial/

Hope this helps,

Daniel

--