[asterisk-dev] AGI:async

Salvatore Franco s.franco at fast-auto.it
Tue Nov 22 04:03:53 CST 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to answer a call that is in Queue through AMI, launching AGI command ANSWER.
I read about putting AGI(agi:async) in extensions.conf dialplan but if i set in this order:

exten=> 1000,1,Queue(queuename)
same=>        ,n,AGI(agi:async)

and try to answer using AMI the response is : failed to add agi command to channel XXX queue.

Else if i set the dial plan in this order:

exten=>1000,1,AGI(agi:async)
same=>       ,n,Queue(queuename)

 the phone doesn't ring and the command execute successful, but nothing happens. Isn't agi:async "really" async but stops execution of the dialplan?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Regards

Salvatore