[asterisk-dev] Chan_pjsip keep_alive_interval

Ross Beer ross.beer at outlook.com
Wed Nov 9 11:25:24 CST 2016

Hi,

I'm investigating an issue where TLS connections close with a 'RST' after a random period of time.

I can see that PJSIP sets 'PJSIP_TRANSPORT_IDLE_TIME=600', with the option in pjsip.conf 'keep_alive_internal' set, does this set both 'PJSIP_TCP_KEEP_ALIVE_INTERVAL' and 'PJSIP_TLS_KEEP_ALIVE_INTERVAL'?

Does a keep-alive packet actually reset 'PJSIP_TRANSPORT_IDLE_TIME' if a response is received? If no response received, how many attempts are made before asterisk disconnects the session?

There are options to do 'keep alive' from the Linux kernel, however, I feel that PJSIP keeping sessions alive is the best option.

I would be grateful on any views you may have.

Kind regards,

Ross