[asterisk-dev] Strategies for handling RTCP feedback in codec modules

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 7 09:20:40 CST 2016

Let’s extend this “how to communicate with a codec” discussion and add the need for feedback
on silence. I think there’s an old mail from Matt Jordan touching this earlier. My code for silence suppression
and comfort noise adds un-needed transcoding and needed a way for a codec to communicate stuff
back to the RTP channel.

(Not 100% sure that it belongs in the same discussion, but I wanted to give it a try :-)   )
/O