[asterisk-dev] Icelandic numbers, dates and voicemail

Örn Arnarson orn at arnarson.net
Thu May 26 12:50:19 CDT 2016

Hello,

I've patched say.c and app_voicemail.c of Asterisk version 13.9.0 to
support the Icelandic language w.r.t. dates and numbers. I was wondering
whether or not you guys would want this submitted into the codebase?
Icelandic is obviously a fringe language, so nobody else might use this,
ever. Still, I figured I'd ask in case people would be interested.

The code is somewhat tested (has been running for years -- since
1.6.2.17.2. I just ported it to 13.9.0 because we were upgrading), though
of course we're probably not doing everything that's possible, so some
portions might be untested. However, everything we've tried seems to work
just fine (including very large numbers).

I haven't submitted anything to the project before, so I don't know how
much of a bother it is. Presumably I'd have to patch the most recent
version of Asterisk in Git?

Regards,
Örn