[asterisk-dev] BOUNTY $1000: ARI Bug Crashes Asterisk

Sidney VanNess sidney at oncallcentral.com
Sun May 8 19:35:58 CDT 2016

Pardon the re-post. Bumping bounty to $1000.  If we don't hear from anyone
in the next few days, we likely will put someone on this ourselves, or find
a workaround, so please contact us prior to starting if interested.

We would like to offer a bounty to fix a bug(s) in ARI that is causing
Asterisk to crash. The issue arises in the latest stable LTS release when
you do the following:

*Description/How To Reproduce*
$ wscat -c
#

Run 5 or 10 of these at once with appname different for each one with all
of them subscribing to all events.

Place a call which will emit stasisStart for one of the apps (maybe a few
times).

Asterisk should terminate at this point.

*This was done using local channels

json_mem_free in json.c seems to have the issue.  If you don't free the
memory, then it does not terminate.

Of note, the issue seems somewhat similar in nature to the following bug
report:
<https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25775>
*issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25775*

Therefore, we expect the fix to our issue also would result in the
resolution of this seemingly related bug report.

Please refer all technical questions to the listed technical contact; refer
all business questions to the listed business contact.

*Technical Contact*
Brian Smith
Skype: wormling
Email:  <brian.smith at oncallcentral.com>*brian.smith at oncallcentral.com*

*Business Contact*
Sidney VanNess, Ph.D.
President & CEO, Acumantra Solutions, Inc.
Skype: sidneyvanness
Email:  <sidney at oncallcentral.com>*sidney at oncallcentral.com*

Terms
Subject to review & verification by listed technical contact. Fix to be
offered back to Asterisk as an open source patch. If you would like to run
this through a freelancing site such as Upwork, that also would be fine.

--
Sidney H. VanNess, Ph.D.
President & CEO
e | sidney at oncallcentral.com