[asterisk-dev] Behavior for cdr_adaptive_odbc

Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena decipher.hk at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:51:38 CDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I write here to determine the right behavior of cdr_adaptive_odbc. Some folks told me the
asterisk-dev list is best place to discuss about this, so here I go.

The issue is ASTERISK-25834[1]. The problem occur when cdr_adaptive_odbc is loaded and the
connection to databases is not established, the map of the fields will not configure into the
module therefore cdr_adaptive_odbc will no log the cdr but the module is loaded and running. This
can happen if Asterisk is run before the database system.

The first proposal[2] was try to do a reload when the connection with the database is not
established before a log.

Another idea is if there is not connection with the database then not load cdr_adaptive_odbc. For
this we need to determine what happens when the module initially loads fine, and then after a
reload there's a problem connecting to the DB.

I would really like to hear any comments and ideas.

1: https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25834
2: https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/2363

Regards,
--