[asterisk-dev] Add module dependecy in build system

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Sun Mar 6 15:08:38 CST 2016

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Catalin Stanciu <catacsdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to include a module dependency in  the asterisk build system,
> but after some hours of research I couldn't found any useful information.
> To start I have followed the asterisk manual (
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Build+System+Architecture)

​What library are you trying to add as a dependency?​

> 1. I have used the AST_EXT_LIB_SETUP and AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK functions to
> configure in configure.ac

​After you modified configure.ac did you run ./bootstrap.sh to recreate
./configure and then run ./configure?

Does ./configure report that it's finding your new dependency?

Does config.log show your variables being set?

> 2. I have included in build_tools/menuselect-deps.in the line similar to
> other dependencies
> 3. I have included in makeopts.in  two lines one for LIB and the other
> for INCLUDE.

4. Finally I have included in the module source code the lines with
> MODULEINFO
>
> I don't know what I am doing wrong but I think the documentation for build
>  system architecture must have some examples with explanation of complex
> cases.

​What's happening (or not happening)?​