[asterisk-dev] reloading XML docs for 'core show application'

Jeremy Kister asterisk-dev-01 at jeremykister.com
Fri Mar 4 14:14:39 CST 2016

On 3/4/2016 11:54 AM, Mark Michelson wrote:
> section, then Asterisk will, during compilation/installation, add the
> XML to core-en_US.xml so that it will be present when Asterisk starts up.

I already do have the XML inside the /*** DOCUMENTATION <...> ***/ and
am parsing it back out myself, creating the module-en_US.xml that I'm
putting in the thirdparty/ directory.  The module isn't distributed with
Asterisk and it doesn't require the original asterisk source tree- I'd
hate to add that dependency just for the docs and would rather give the
user the option to just 'restart' instead of reinstall+restart.

 > There currently is no way to adjust XML documentation at runtime and
 > have it reflected in "core show application" though. A restart is
 > necessary

hmm, I haven't contributed a patch in a couple of years...

Thanks!

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/