[asterisk-dev] ASTERISK-26145 - Task Process Issues possibly caused by HEP

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Tue Jun 28 11:00:05 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Ross Beer <ross.beer at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I agree that the conversation about HEP default settings doesn't warrant a
> lengthy discussion, however, the fact that the 'task processor' causes
> asterisk to stop processing packets is a serious issue. This is happening
> multiple times a day on several boxes.
>

> I'm trying to identify what is causing over 1500 tasks to back-up in the 'subm:rtp_topic-000000de'
> scheduler. This is proving difficult as you only see counts and not actual
> waiting tasks.

The res_hep_rtcp.so module is what creates the subm:rtp_topic stasis
message bus subscription.  Since you have indicated that you are not using
that feature you should not load the module.

The taskprocessors that begin with 'subm:' (m for mailbox) or 'subp:' (p
for thread pool) are stasis message bus subscriptions.  The 'subm:'
taskprocessors have a single dedicated thread to process the taskprocessor
tasks.  The 'subp:' taskprocessors do not have a dedicated thread.  Those
taskprocessors get executed by an available thread from the stasis thread
pool.  The stasis thread pool is configured by the stasis.conf file.

Richard