[asterisk-dev] Asterisk GIT-13-4d52b4cM - Task Processors

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Jun 21 17:20:24 CDT 2016

Hey Ross,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Ross Beer <ross.beer at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Looking at the taskprocessors, which are currently running at 1317 tasks.
> There are entries for 'subp', what are these entries?

It looks like the subp taskprocessor is related to the stasis code, in
main/stasis.c, function internal_stasis_subscribe().

You can see under the "if (needs_mailbox)" conditional, where
ast_taskprocessor_build_name() uses character substitution to create a
task processor for some of the work it does.

I haven't done my time yet in that code, so as far as explanations go,
that's about as far as I can take it without going all in.  You might
start poking around at that point.

Hope that helps!

Matthew Fredrickson

> The reason I ask is, since start there have been about 12,000 process tasks
> and a max depth of 67.
>

> There are some endpoints with a greater depth of around 200, these are for
> standard phones.
>

> Regards,
>

> Ross

> Hi All,
>

> Since updating to Asterisk GIT-13-4d52b4cM on a dev box, we are getting a
> lot of messages saying the taskprocessor is full, this then stops all
> registrations to the asterisk server.
>

> What is the best way to diagnose this issue as the system doesn't crash, it
> just stops processing requests?
>

> Regards,
>

> Ross
>

> --