[asterisk-dev] No Core Dumps

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Jul 22 08:27:23 CDT 2016

Ross Beer wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>

> There was one instance of this being reported on a ticket I read last
> week. It just strange that on Fedora 23 that this has suddenly stopped
> happening.

You may have been thinking of ASTERISK-26219[1] which is CentOS 6.8.

> The previous example shows that the dump was attempted but no files
> created. They were being created for previous versions.

I've checked the code responsible for setting the parameter when the -g
option or dump_core is set and it hasn't changed. Ultimately it's the
system that creates the core dump, we just change the parameter to raise
the limit on the core dump size. I also did a quick look over the
changes and nothing stood out.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26219

--
Joshua Colp