[asterisk-dev] Asterisk goes Spatial Conferencing: the STEAK project

Sean Bright sean.bright at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:56:31 CDT 2016

On 7/19/2016 4:00 PM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> On 07/19/2016 10:59 AM, Sean Bright wrote:
>> On 7/19/2016 10:35 AM, Matt Fredrickson wrote:
>>> Response below.

>> If Opus is a required part of the implementation - and from reading the description of the work being done it appears to be - wouldn't that make this ineligible for inclusion?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Sean
>>
> Just for clarification, why?  speex is included.  similar if not the same license?

The last update I've seen on Digium's position in regards to the
inclusion of Opus support in the core is here:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2013-May/060419.html

I don't believe they have publicly changed their stance on the topic
since then, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Kind regards,
Sean