[asterisk-dev] Development of asterisk 1.4.23 Can we please get some development?

Jonathan Rose jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com
Thu Jul 14 17:12:58 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Loren Tedford <lorentedford at gmail.com>
wrote:

> First off i want to say thanks for the fast replies and want to say no I
> don't plan on putting out a job offer.. But was just interested in some
> help in general of putting in at least the basics we require into
> asterisk.. You guys have moved so far on and forgotten about us back here
> in the stone age.. Its ok we will keep working on it and hopefully we get
> some where.. It was only just a thought that maybe some of you all would be
> interested in at least helping release a security patch for 1.4.23 on some
> of the known issues of back in that time.. Thanks again..

Having been in the midst of a similarly complicated upgrade procedure for a
custom branch of Asterisk for the past few months myself, I get the
frustration... but it's not that you were forgotten. All of the releases
were made available to you and you had the opportunity to address breaking
changes incrementally rather than letting it build into a monster. You all
are the ones who forgot about the software you were using and let it build
up technical debt for ten years.
--

*Jonathan R. Rose*Senior Systems Engineer

Emergency CallWorks
Motorola Solutions

email: jonathan.rose at motorolasolutions.com